Having an alt in an MMORPG game is one of the best grinding techniques to obtain materials, in-game currency and rewards. It is common for most free-to-play players in any game to get stuff for free. In Black Desert Mobile, the game allows you to create up to 6 alternatives (alts) characters in the game. However, only 3 character slots are for free and the other 3 slots are unlockable using white pearl or real money.
So what are the benefits of having an Alt character in Black Desert Mobile? Well, having alt will allow you to obtain the following:
- Quest Rewards – Completing quest on Alt characters will allow you to receive quest rewards again, like important items like Black Stones, Materials for camp, permanent increase skill book, ancient gold coins and more.
- Shared Camp Inventory – You can share items across your characters, almost everything.
- Shared Black Spirit – You’ll be using the same Black Spirit across your account.
- Shared Horse and Pets – Any pets you’ve obtained from other characters or in your main character are shared across the characters.
- Shared Resources – In-game resources like Black Pearl, White Pearl, and Silvers use the same resources in all characters.
- Shared Camp – You only have one camp, and you can use it across your characters. Open up Camp Inventory to share items and equipment and everything.
- Shared Maps – Any maps you’ve unlocked from main or alt characters will be accessible to all of your characters in your account. This means if you already completed the South Mediah, all of your characters can auto path to those locations.
Those are just some of the benefits of having an alt character. Below, you’ll find more detailed tips.
If your main character already completed the quests in the game, getting Contribution EXP will be harder and can only be obtained from doing the repeatable quest, which is time-consuming.
Contribution Experience is used to hire and promote workers in the camp. When hiring a worker, it will cost you around 2 to 5 contribution experience, while promoting a worker cost around 1 to 2 contribution experience.
Completing the quest in alt character is much easier and you can obtain as much as 6,000 contribution points per alt character.
Classes like the Warriors and Giants are quite slow in terms of grinding. If your main character is those classes, making an Alt character just for grinding is your best shot. Hunters and Mages are the best classes for grinding, because of its AoE attack which eliminates multiple enemies in one single strike.
It will also much easier to get event items for classes that are suit for grinding, event items like the Winter Tree Decorations and Wish Marbles.
For earning silver using alt character, you can check our farming spot location guide.
Permanent Skill Book
These skill books are pretty expensive in the market, its price ranges from 300,000 silver to 700,000 silver. Re-completing the quest in the game using the alt characters will allow you to obtain these items.
It will also be helpful to boost the permanent stats of your main character.
Use it as your Secret Inventory
The number of items you can keep in your inventory and bags in Black Desert Mobile is pretty low, and you need to purchase it with real money to activate additional slots. However, camp inventory is free but you need to upgrade the storage facility to increase its slot.
If you have items that need safekeeping, you can create an ALT character to keep those items. Each character has a free 100 slot and 2300 LT.
If you’ve noticed the Family CP under your character information. It will allow you to increase the Tier level of your Family CP. So far, we don’t know what is the effect of having a better tier level of Family CP, but we will update you once we have that info.
That’s it! If you like this content and want to know more about the game, check our ultimate guide for black desert mobile.