Are you having hard time removing the subcategories from your Facebook Page? You can actually remove these sub-categories but it’s very tricky and takes several repetition.
In our case we accidentally added sub-categories “Video Games” in GamingPH and when we tried removing it, but it’s a bit impossible. A pop-up will always appear that keep saying you have at least 1 sub-category in order to save changes. So after several research we found a solution and able to remove sub-categories. See our instruction below.
How to Remove Subcategories on Facebook Page:
1. Go to your Facebook Page and click About.
2. Now find the Address field and click Edit.
3. Remove your addresses and leave all the fields Blank then Save Changes.
4. Now, you have to edit your Address again. but this time, Click the remove this Place link to remove your address from check-ins then a pop up will appear that prompt you – just press Turn off.
5. Now, you choose your desired Category then Save Changes.
6. It’s done! Sub-categories are now removed from your Facebook Page. Plus, in order to return your physical address in your page, temporarily pick “Company & Organization” as a Category then Save Changes. After that you can add back your physical address, then Save Changes again. Lastly you can select back from your desired Category.
Congrats! You successfully remove the sub-categories from your Facebook Page. If you still have problem just leave comment below and we will try to assist you! Thank you!
It doesn’t work for me. Everything works until I put my address back in and the subcategory pops up again. Help!
It doesn’t work for me. Everything works until I put my address back in and the subcategory pops up again. Help me !
Same here. Desperatelly looking for a solution!
Me too! Does not work for me. Adds the damn subcategory back in when I add my city and zip code. This is IMPOSSIBLE!! … and yet I see many other businesses doing this.
OK folks, I just figured this out. the trick, at least the way FB is currently condigured, is to NOT remove your entire address, but still DO click the “Remove this place” text button. At least this worked for me. My problem now is that there is no longer an Overview section on my about page.