Natsume, a game publisher known for Story of Season series has unveiled the first details and screenshots of the much-anticipated Harvest Moon: The Winds of Anthos. This latest addition to the beloved Harvest Moon series is set to launch later in 2023, with platforms yet to be announced.
Marking the 25th anniversary of the Harvest Moon franchise, Natsume’s president and CEO, Hiro Maekawa, expressed his excitement for the upcoming release: “Harvest Moon: The Winds of Anthos is the culmination of over 30 games, incorporating fan-favorite characters, like the Harvest Sprites and Harvest Goddess, and familiar goals such as farming and caring for animals. Additionally, this new title takes players in fresh directions as they explore the captivating world of Anthos. Our company mission—Make Everyone Happy! has shaped every aspect of this exciting new installment.”
Here are some of the key highlights of the game that you will be expecting:
- Harvest Moon: The Winds of Anthos is set to launch later this year, offering fans a new adventure in the franchise.
- Players will have the opportunity to discover five distinctive towns, each with their own seasons, terrain, and inhabitants. They will also be able to search for Harvest Wisps, wild animals, mines, and more.
- Fans of the game can look forward to caring for a variety of livestock, including cows, sheep, and chickens, earning bonuses for maintaining diverse animals on their farm.
- A rich and immersive social aspect allows players to woo five different bachelors and bachelorettes, ultimately marrying the character of their choosing.
- The game features an array of pets to keep, such as cats, dogs, parakeets, wolves, and more.
- Doc Jr. returns with an upgraded Expando-Farm, allowing players to conveniently move their farm throughout the land of Anthos.
- The game introduces the ability to cook multiple dishes simultaneously in the player’s kitchen.
In The Winds of Anthos, players will explore the land of Anthos, home to the Harvest Sprites and the goddess of nature, the Harvest Goddess. A decade ago, a devastating volcanic eruption occurred, forcing the Harvest Goddess and her Harvest Sprites to use all their powers to protect the people. Although the villagers were saved, the eruption left them disconnected from one another.
Holding onto hope, the Harvest Goddess sent a bottle containing a letter and a magic key into the ocean before falling into a deep slumber. This sets the stage for an epic adventure, as players will work to reconnect the separated villages and people in Harvest Moon: The Winds of Anthos.
Below are the rest of the game screenshot:
You can check the full press release: https://www.natsume.com/news/news_pdffiles/pid_330_HMTWOA_Fs.pdf