It’s been a week now since Gravity launched its first Closed Beta Testing (CBT) for the Ragnarok Origin in South Korea. Unfortunately, the worldwide launch is yet to be announce soon. Players are eager to play the game even it is available in foreign language, although it is region restricted in Google Play and iOS. Players need an alternative way to download the game. You probably find a lot of tutorials on the internet on how to download the game, but it is confusing, here, we will teach you the step by step basic.
This tutorial is only for Android phones and emulators. For iOS devices, there are no ways to download it as apple policy is restricting third party apps.
Pre-register to Ragnarok Origin
To get started, you need to register at https://ragnarokorigin.gnjoy.com/PreJoin and fill up the details.
- First, you need to click Google to sign in your Google Account.
- Now at the OS device, select Android from the options.
- In the input box for mobile number, type the following format 011 followed with 7 random digits (011*******), example (0112123488)
- Then check all of the three check-boxes.
- Lastly, press the button on the bottom of the page to complete.
Note: If someone already registered your number, it will display an error message saying “사전예약에 이미 참여하신 전화번호입니다.”, in English it means the number you entered is already registered. To fix this error, just try another random numbers.
You’ll know that you successfully registered once you see this screen that has a download link for App Store and Google Play, it also means you’re now included in the CBT players.
Once done with the registration, you can now proceed with the installation.
Installing Ragnarok Origin
If you’re not in South Korea, it is impossible to download the game from the Google Playstore because of the region restriction. This is where you need an APK version of it. The good news is you can download the CBT APK file in the internet, we also hosted the file below.
- cbt-라그나로크-오리진_2.5.0.apk (93.8 MB)
After you downloaded the APK, you can then install it to your mobile phone or emulator.
- For emulator, just drag and drop the apk files to your emulator screen and it will automatically install.
- For mobile, you need to enable the Unkown Sources first. You can enable it at Settings > Lock screen and security > Unknown Sources. After that, you can now open the apk and install it to your device. Some phones will automatically open up the settings for you once you’ve open the apk file.
Once done, open up the game and wait for the splash screen to appear. It will then asked you to download additional files, click the blue button to continue. It takes about 5 to 10 minutes to complete.
After that, it will then display the login screen, click the Login with Google then use the Google account that you’ve just registered earlier.
You’ll be then able to play the game. Enjoy peeps! The Closed Beta Testing will end on June 13, 2020, after that all account progress will be wiped out.
You may also watch this video from AfyTV.