An officially licensed version of PUBG Mobile from Tencent are now available in both Google Playstore and Apple Store, and it is in the English language. Unfortunately, it’s only available on Canada only. Though there are ways to bypass the regional restriction by using an IP address in Canada and a Google account that is located in Canada as well.
* UPDATE 03/20/2018 * – PUBG Mobile is now available in all countries. You can now play and download the game without VPN. Read More
The game is the same with the Lightspeed version of PUBG, but this time it’s in an English version. It includes 100 players during a match, has a Solo, Duo and Squad mode and built-in voice chat.
If you’re not living in Canada, and want to download this game. Here are some tips to get this app.
How to bypass Regional Restriction for Android
- Download any VPN app. We recommend using this FREE Turbo VPN. You can download it at Google Playstore.
- Install the VPN and select a country to Canada
- Create a new Google account in your mobile browser at https://google.ca (For mobile verification, you may use your local mobile number to get the activation code)
- Login your new Google Account on Playstore
- You can now download and install the game without a problem.
- Playing the game doesn’t need a VPN.
How to bypass Regional Restriction for iOS
- No need to download VPN. Just change your country address to Canada (eg. State: Alberta, Zip Code: T5J 3N6, Country: Canada)
- After that, you can download the game at Apple Store
How to play the PUBG Mobile
After the download is complete in Google PlayStore, open the PUBG Mobile app. From here, you can select two login options; Guest – if you want to try the game without a password and/or Facebook – if you’re going to save all of your progress and can login back in the game using a Facebook account. We recommend using Facebook as a login option.
You’ll now be redirected to Facebook permission details, just press the Continue button.
An End User License Agreement will pop up on screen, make sure to read the license details. Once done, just press the Accept button.
Now, you may create your Character by your preferences. You can also change your username by tapping your name on the bottom center.
You can now start your first match. Enjoy the game!
Make sure that your device can run the app. Below are the recommended specs on Running the PUBG Mobile English Beta Canada version.
Recommended specs for running PUBG Mobile
- OS: Android 5.1.1 or above
- RAM: at least 2GB of RAM
The game is currently in Beta, so expect lag and other issues.