If you happen to get this error when playing PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, you are not alone. This error usually occurs when the anti cheat system of PUBG the BattlEye launcher detects malicious files or cheat programs that are sneaking PUBG program. The BattlEye launcher then block this file from running and when it thus, you’re not able to run the game.
- 14:47:37: Starting BattlEye Service…
- 14:47:40: Launching Game…
- 14:48:14: Note: File blocks can be ignored if they don’t cause problems with the game.
- 14:48:14: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: “C:\Windows\conimx.exe”.
In order to fix this issue, you have to delete or rename the suspected file. If it’s a virus similar on the screenshot below, you have to run an anti-virus to make it clean.
Usually, some user got this problem when they use reshade and similar programs. As the moment, PUBG officially banned the use of reshade – so you have to uninstall reshade before playing PUBG again.
If the error is coming from PUBG files, you have to verify the integrity of the file on Steam and it will be replace with a newer files. If it doesn’t work, just delete the blocked files (don’t forget to back up a copy).
Here are some files that are usually block by the BattEye Launchers:
- C:\Program Files\Python34\pythonw.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PUBG\TslGame\Binaries\Win64\dxgi.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PUBG\TslGame\Binaries\Win64\TslGame.exe
If you know other solution to this problem, let us know in the comment section below.