If this is your first time to install the latest driver of your Corsair CPU Cooler and have a problem detecting the device in your Corsair Link program. Well, you’re not alone! this problem is due to unsigned digital signature driver attached in the program. Most of these error are coming from the latest driver uploaded in their website. The defected driver was the version 188.8.131.52 and people who downloaded it has the same issue.
Usually, when you install this driver – it will pop up an error message:
Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged. or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.
And when you tried to browse in the Device manager, under Universal Serial Bus controllers – the Corsair USBXp Driver has a yellow Warning sign.
How to Fix this Driver problem?
- Let’s uninstall the Corsair Driver first, go to Device Manager and browse for the Corsair USBXp Driver. Right click on it and press uninstall, make sure to check Delete the driver software for this device.
- Once the driver is uninstalled. We need to uninstall the Corsair Link. To uninstall just search the program at Add or Remove Programs in Windows Control Panel.
- Now, go to http://www.corsair.com/en-us/downloads and download the Corsair Link version 184.108.40.206 driver or any version before 220.127.116.11.
- Then just install the old driver 18.104.22.168 and you’re good to go. After that you can also install the latest version 22.214.171.124 without problem.
This solution works on the following CPU cooler:
- Corsair Hydro Series H115i
- Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2
- Corsair Hydro Series H110i
- Corsair Hydro Series H100i
- Hydro Series H90
- Hydro Series H80i v2
- Hydro Series H80i
- Hydro Series H5 SF
- Hydro Series H75
- Hydro Series H60
- Hydro Series H55
If you still have problem installing the driver or the device still didn’t appear in the Corsair Link, Let us know by leaving a comment down below and will try to fixed your problem!
Should my new build automatically detect corsair link?
It should automatically install the driver once it is connected with your motherboard.
Super helpful, this happens at least once every two months so i starred this article. Thanks Erwin!
Thanks for posting this. Hopefully Corsair will fix this…
Worked thank you very much.
I have a new Hydro Series H80i v2 on a Gigabyte ab350 Gaming 3 mobo and R 1700 cpu and W10. The mobo has it`s own fan control program in bios. There is not any option to disable the cpu fan in bios, only to change the profiles. In bios, the CPU fan is not detected … actualy is strange, randomly it is showing fan speed for cpu, but mostly not.
The same is happining also in corsair link , most of the time the fan is 0 rpm, which is not the case because the fan and pump i can hear them working, and some time i can see for very short time peaks of speed displayed on corsair link. In corsair link in the device tab i can not see the cooler and can not control it. In the device manager , usb driver in not installed, even i tryed to use 126.96.36.199 version as administrator. Any advice pls?
Late 2018 and this is still a problem, THANK YOU for the solution!
I had to have Corsair warranty my H100i V2 and when i installed the new one it now wont show up in corsair link. I have followed your instructions but it still does not show up.
I did everything mentioned here but I still have the problem. Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device, yellow warning, and it cycles about every second in device manager. I have the H100 CPU cooler, which is not on the list.