If this is your first time to install the latest driver of your Corsair CPU Cooler and have a problem detecting the device in your Corsair Link program. Well, you’re not alone! this problem is due to unsigned digital signature driver attached in the program. Most of these error are coming from the latest driver uploaded in their website. The defected driver was the version 188.8.131.52 and people who downloaded it has the same issue.
Usually, when you install this driver – it will pop up an error message:
Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged. or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.
And when you tried to browse in the Device manager, under Universal Serial Bus controllers – the Corsair USBXp Driver has a yellow Warning sign.
How to Fix this Driver problem?
- Let’s uninstall the Corsair Driver first, go to Device Manager and browse for the Corsair USBXp Driver. Right click on it and press uninstall, make sure to check Delete the driver software for this device.
- Once the driver is uninstalled. We need to uninstall the Corsair Link. To uninstall just search the program at Add or Remove Programs in Windows Control Panel.
- Now, go to http://www.corsair.com/en-us/downloads and download the Corsair Link version 184.108.40.206 driver or any version before 220.127.116.11.
- Then just install the old driver 18.104.22.168 and you’re good to go. After that you can also install the latest version 22.214.171.124 without problem.
This solution works on the following CPU cooler:
- Corsair Hydro Series H115i
- Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2
- Corsair Hydro Series H110i
- Corsair Hydro Series H100i
- Hydro Series H90
- Hydro Series H80i v2
- Hydro Series H80i
- Hydro Series H5 SF
- Hydro Series H75
- Hydro Series H60
- Hydro Series H55
If you still have problem installing the driver or the device still didn’t appear in the Corsair Link, Let us know by leaving a comment down below and will try to fixed your problem!