Goodnews! EVGA has new BIOS updates for EVGA NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1070 card, the updated version is 86.04.50.00.70 which primarily improved the memory overclocking experience for some users. How to update your BIOS? installing BIOS update will become permanent and no need of re-installing it again, first thing is you have to check your BIOS version, just go to NVIDIA Control panel, click Help then System information and in the details window it should show your BIOS version. Now if your BIOS version is lower than 86.04.50.00.70 you can update your video card.
Follow the instruction below on updating your GTX 1070 bios:
- Download the zipped files for your card below (Only select updates for your card):
- EVGA GTX 1070 – BIOS (08G-P4-5170-KR)
- EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 Black Edition – BIOS (08G-P4-5171-KR)
- EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0 Black Edition – BIOS (08G-P4-5173-KR)
- EVGA GTX 1070 Founder Edition – BIOS (08G-P4-6170-KR)
- EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 – BIOS (08G-P4-6171-KR)
- EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0 – BIOS (08G-P4-6173-KR/KB)
- EVGA GTX 1070 Hybrid – BIOS (08G-P4-6178-KR)
- EVGA GTX 1070 FTW DT ACX 3.0 – BIOS Primary (08G-P4-6274-KR) | Secondary
- EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0 – BIOS Primary (08G-P4-6276-KR) | Secondary
- EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Hybrid – BIOS Primary (08G-P4-6278-KR) | Secondary
- Now, You have to extract the zipped on your Hard Drive
- Make sure to close any program to not interrupt the installation, run update.exe.
- When prompted press Y to start the update.
- Now wait until the update is completed.
- Restart your PC when update is done.