Turn-based strategy RPG hybrid Ancient Frontier: Steel Shadows is now available on Steam worldwide for $14.99. Created by two-man development studio Fair Weather Studios, Steel Shadows puts players in the role of a space outlaw looking to make his name in the outer frontiers.
Players must hire a crew of their choosing and then over the course of the game build an entire pirate fleet to steal, pillage and raid the fringes of Federation space. Ancient Frontier Steel Shadows allows pirate commanders to customize the ships in their fleet with various upgrades and weaponry to dominate on the battlefield against the various factions of the universe.
To celebrate the launch of the standalone expansion of the original Ancient Frontier, Fair Weather Studios are having a 60% discount on the original game allowing players to pick both up for under $25. Carrying on the story of the universe from 2017’s Ancient Frontier, Steel Shadows is available now on Steam for $14.99 worldwide.
About Ancient Frontier: Steel Shadows
Here’s a quick game overview of the game.
- A full campaign with over 20 story missions
- Over 50 procedurally generated side missions
- Dynamic initiative-based turn-based combat
- Purchase, outfit, and control the unique pirate faction ships
- Hire and assign crew members that gain experience and power along with your ships
- Hire unique mercenaries and ships to add to your fleet
- Experience over 50 random events
- Customize your play style by unlocking technologies in an extensive Tech Tree
- Large, detailed maps to fight across space
- Three different strategic resources to manage
- Dozens of different weapon systems and abilities to control
- Includes both free DLCs; Ancient Frontier – The Crew and Ancient Frontier – Quests and Events