You’ve probably purchase the NEOGEO Metal Slug game in the Nintendo Switch eShop and trying to figure out how to add a second player in the game, even going to Metal Slug settings looking for Two Player mode it won’t help. No worries! You’re not alone. We’ve also been also trying to figure it out how to make it work and after an hour of looking for solution. We’ve finally come up with a solution.
The problem is on NEOGEO Metal Slug game (Switch Version) as it didn’t automatically detect your joy-con grip controller as separate when it is detached from your switch console or attached in Joy-Con Wrist Straps. You have to manually activate your two joy-con grip as separate controllers in order for the game to detect the Two controllers. To do this you have to change some settings from your switch, follow our step by step instruction below.
How to Setup 2 Player Mode in Metal Slug Nintendo Switch
- First you have to go to Controllers from Nintendo Switch Home.
- Then go to Change Grip/Order.
- From there, you will now see four boxes for controller slots activation. On your left Joy-Con controller press the L + R button, this will register as separate controller.
- Then on your right Joy-Con controller press the L + R button as well and it will register as separate controller.
- When done, press A button then Close the Controllers menu. As you can see, there will be a two joy-con controller icon below.
- After that you can now go back to Metal Slug and play in 2 players mode with your buddy.
You can also play up to 4 players mode in Metal Slug, just add a new controllers either another pair of Joy-Con or a Pro Controller. Hope this instruction help you activate the 2 players mode in Metal Slug Switch version.