Probably one of the first handheld PC gaming device that uses 7nm of AMD Ryzen 5 4500 U, AYA Neo is so powerful that it can run any PC games at 30+ FPS. Recent games like Cyberpunk 2077 at 30 to 35fps and Death Stranding at 30 to 45fps.
This device was first launched on China and next month the Founder edition will be available globally at $699 via a crowdfunding campaign at Indiegogo. However, the price is only exclusive for Super Early Bird backers and other backers may get this at $799 or higher. The specs includes Radeon RX Vega 6 GPU (6 compute unites and up to 1.1 TFLOPs), 7-inch display (1,280 x 800), 16GB of LPDDR4x-4266 RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD and a 47 WH battery.
Here is an example gameplay from a YouTuber (Taki Udon):
Though those specs are not that powerful compare to a laptop and still using the previous generation of AMD, considering it is a handled device, it is actually not bad. The technology they put all together in this small device are just pretty interesting. Here are the complete specs of AYA NEO Founder:
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 4500 U (AMD Zen 2) 6 cores/6 threads @ 4.0 GHz
- GPU: AMD Radeon Vega 6 @ 1.5 GHz
- RAM Memory: 16GB DDR4 LPDDR4X-4266
- Storage: 512GB /1 TB NVMe SSD
- Display: 7 inch, 1280 x 800 IPS
- Connectivity: Wifi 6, Bluetooth 5.0
- Battery: 47 Whr
- Weight: 650 g
- Dimensions: 25.5 x 10.6 x 2.0 cm
- USB Connection: 3 x USB-C, 3.5mm
- Other Features: Gyro, Touchscreen, Rumble
- OS: Windows 10
Here are the frame rates of tested PC games:
- Assassin’s Creed Hall of Valor – 25 to 40 fps
- Watchdogs – 25 to 40 fps
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice – 40 to 50 fps.
- Devil May Cry 5 – 60 to 70 fps
- World of Warcraft Retro & Official – 35 to 50 fps
- Death Stranding – 30 to 45 fps
What do you think of this new handled PC gaming device? Is it worth it? or you’ll wait until they can run PC games at full 60fps? Let us know in the comment section.