Ragnarok M Eternal Love is adding a new mode to the game that will surely all of the players will enjoy even if you’re low level. That is because this new mode will not pick up the equipment stats during the gameplay and everyone will start fresh in every game, its like the MOBA game that you’re playing.
Addison Kang, former producer of Dragon Nest SEA, now the vice president of Ragnarok M Eternal Love shares some insight into the game with his question and answer from the dev team.
Ragnarok M: Eternal Love is an in-depth mobile game, steep in its lore. Can you share more about the background of the new Holy Ground War mode?
“The Holy Ground War is set in the country of Lakh, split by two factions Hawk (freedom advocators) and Doves (peace advocators). These two factions are often in conflict with each other.”, dev answered.
What went on in the team’s mind when creating this new mode?
“Our original intention is to introduce a new way of fighting, one which reduces the reliance on players’ own equipment. Instead, they must now work together and focus on skills and strategies. This allows more players to participate and enjoy the fun.”, the dev said.
Holy Ground War is a new season-based matching and racing PvP gameplay. Both sides will form a team of 12 people. The game will be launched in the new map “Holy Ground War”. The map contains a variety of mechanisms.
Both sides will kill and compete for resources to attack the opponent’s crystal. The outcome is decided based on the crystal’s HP.
Holy Ground War (Casual Mode & Season Mode)
Rules of gameplay, after entering the instance, the team will be randomly assigned to Hawk or Dove. Each faction has defense towers, barracks, bases, shops, one offensive route and one defensive route.
The defensive route has three defense towers, and the offensive route has a siege cart that can cause a lot of damage to buildings. The siege cart requires an ally nearby to move it forward, so the team must cooperate to push the siege cart and break through the opponent’s base to attain victory.
The defensive route’s breaking order is [Outer Tower] – [Central Tower] – [Inner Tower] – [Base].
Rules for the Map
Base: your own base is the goal when defending. When the base is destroyed, it will be considered as defeat. Adventurers can obtain Base Exp by defeating enemy units. After the base is upgraded, the attributes of minions produced by the barracks will be enhanced
- Barracks – there is a barracks on both the offensive and defensive routes. There will be minions produced every 30 seconds to attack and defend.
- Defense Tower – causes a lot of damage to enemy units, only siege carts can cause obvious damage to them.
- Siege Cart – only when your own units are nearby will it move forward, otherwise it will retreat or go unused. It is invincible.
- Shop – Adventurers can get Gold Coins by defeating enemy units. Tap on the Base or the Shop button near the Base to open the shop and exchange equipment.
- Portal – Adventurers can quickly teleport to the corresponding route by tapping on the portal on the offensive or defensive route; (the offensive route requires destroying the enemy’s Defense Tower to be activated)
- Wild Zone – there are a wide range of wild zones in between offensive and defensive routes. The wild zones will refresh a variety of MVPs with different effects. After a force kills an MVP, the MVP will refresh on the force line to improve the force’s strength.
How to Win
oth sides fight in [Holy Ground War]. When one side breaks down the enemy base, it wins immediately, or the Base and Defense Tower with higher HP after 15 minutes wins.
Season Mode and Casual Mode additional attribute Bonus
- Provides the [Adventure Handbook], [Aeisr Monument] and [Guild Blessing] attribute bonus.
- Provides a 15 attribute bonus to the equipment worn by the Adventurer in instances.
How to Participate
Added [Holy Ground War] entrance in season mode and casual mode. After a team of 12 people that have reached Lv.100 is formed, the captain can undergo matching. When the team doesn’t have enough members, the system will randomly match other players to form a team of 12 people.
The season mode will start from December 19th, 2020 to January 2nd, 2021, lasting 3 weeks in total. The matches start from 18:00 to 20:00 on Saturday.
The Casual Mode is open long-term and can be used for practice and experience. The rules and rewards of Tournament Mode will be announced separately before the function is opened.
There will be no rewards when playing Casual Mode. While playing Season Mode, you can obtain Bishop Emblem by reaching the corresponding quests in the instance. Each account can obtain up to 80 ones per week, which can be exchanged for the following items:
- Costume [Robe Series Costume Voucher], [Beast Doll Series Costume Voucher]
- Back Headwear [March of the Saints]
- Tail Headwear [Moral Shorthand Spirit]
- Headwear [Pope’s Crown ]
- Extract Light Crystal, Glittering Rune Stone – Star, Glittering Rune Stone, Praying Crystal Pack, Mora coin