Every computer peripherals now has an RGB, from mouse, keyboard, SSD and many more. But what if we put an RGB inside our wallet, like a prepaid card? That’s how Razer and Visa come up with a new idea and a collaboration, a prepaid card that lights up during payment. Though it only has single-color LED, still, its a new RGB for gamers!
The new Razer card has three variants, a virtual card and a standard/premium physical card. The virtual card is free, it will allow users to sign up and use the virtual card at no extra cost and no subscription needed, think of it like a PayMaya or a GCash. To get a hand on the physical card, users need to upgrade to Standard with no-LED or a Premium with an LED. All users will benefit for a year-long cashback rewards (1% to 5%) with no capped limit for participating in-app rewards, and over 61 million merchants globally that accepts Visa.
Gamers who are using the Razer Pay app can integrate their Razer card to get the following:
- Make digital payments at over 61 million merchant locations worldwide where Visa is accepted, including online, in-store, contactless and chip transactions.
- Receive cashback for all payment purchases with:
- 1 per cent for purchases made across categories
- Up to 5 per cent on RazerStore and Gold purchases
- No minimum spend and no capped limit for cashback (only prepaid card in Singapore with no capped limit for cashback)
- Access a unique gamified rewards system through the Razer Pay app, where unlike traditional cards’ loyalty programmes, users go through a personalised experience to track, score and redeem rewards based on tasks and everyday transactions.
- Opt-in to get their hands on a free virtual card via Razer Pay and easily activate and access card information and controls in-app.
- Upgrade to own one of the numberless-designed physical cards, including the Premium card—the world’s first card that lights up on payment.
Beta testing will start initially in Singapore, if you’re in that area, you can join from this link: https://www.razer.com/sg-en/razer-card