If you suddenly get an error message saying “Failed to retrieve patches. Please check your network and try again.” in Rules of Survival. The error is something to do with your network connection that has an outdated DNS directory that usually affected after a new update or patches for the game.
When the game releases a new patch, it also releases new ip address and new sub-domain for the game to download the patch. Some ISP or DNS server has some delay on crawling the new ip address and sub-domain and add to their DNS directories, this lead to an error when trying to update the game.
How to Fix Failed to Retrieve Patches
To fix the problem, all you have to do is use a fast and updated DNS server. You can change these settings from doing the step below.
- Go to Network Connection from Control Panel.
- Double click the available network then go to Properties.
- From the list, select the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Then select Use the following DNS server addresses.
- At the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server. You can fill up here your desired DNS server to use.
Below are the recommended DNS server that you can try.
- Preferred DNS Server: 188.8.131.52
- Alternate DNS Server: 184.108.40.206
- Preferred DNS Server: 220.127.116.11
- Alternate DNS Server: 18.104.22.168
Once you’re done. You can re-open the game and the error should be gone. If you still have a problem, you can try re-installing the pc version game with a fresh copy, you can download it here.