For those who own’s ASUS Router RT-AC1200G+, Good news! There is a new update for the router that will improve system performance and security.
The latest firmware is available to download now. The firmware version is 126.96.36.199.382_18991
Here are the release notes and change log.
– Fixed KRACK vulnerability
– Fixed CVE-2017-14491: DNS – 2 byte heap based overflow
– Fixed CVE-2017-14492: DHCP – heap based overflow
– Fixed CVE-2017-14493: DHCP – stack based overflow
– Fixed CVE-2017-14494: DHCP – info leak
– Fixed CVE-2017-14495: DNS – OOM DoS
– Fixed CVE-2017-14496: DNS – DoS Integer underflow
– Fixed CVE-2017-13704 : Bug collision
– Fixed predictable session tokens, logged user IP validation, Logged-in information disclosure (special thanks for Blazej Adamczyk contribution)
– Fixed web GUI authorization vulnerabilities.
Overall the update will fix some vulnerability in your router and user’s validation when you logged in and patched some User Interface issue.
You can now download the latest firmware straight from your router’s dashboard. If you have problem downloading the update from your router, you can download the zipped files below.