You’ve probably in a country which is not currently supported by Nintendo eShop, some of these country are Philippines, and etc. This restriction is not strictly implemented and you can by pass this restriction easily. When you open the Nintendo eShop, this error will pop up with an Error Code: 2813-0998 and it says “Nintendo eShop is not currently available in your country. Thank you for your interest in Nintendo eShop.” To bypass this restriction, what you only need to do is set your country to United States, Japan or other countries that is currently eshop is available. You can also select the country you’d like and of course, make sure the countries language is match to your preferences.
How to Fix Nintendo eShop in Not Currently Available in Your Country
- Set your Nintendo Switch device country. Go to Settings, then System and Select Region. From here select The Americas.
- Now open Nintendo eShop. From here, you will be asked to enter a region, select United States as your region.
- Once you’re inside the Nintendo eShop. We also have to set your zipped code. To do this, go to Location Settings, click Change and set it to 97330 as your zipped code.
We set our zipped code to 97330, to make sure you’ll not be paying the additional states tax – since you’re not a residence of United States and not oblige to pay those taxes.
You can now access Nintendo eShop without those error message. The next thing you have to do in order for you to purchase games in Nintendo eShop is by topping up with a Nintendo eShop Prepaid Card. Why Prepaid card? Because you can only pay games using Credit Card and Paypal and this services requires you to have US address that matches the Nintendo eShop – which is very hard to get. So a Nintendo eShop Prepaid Card is the best solution for this.
Error still persists
If you still receive the same error when trying to open the Nintendo eShop, you can try the following suggestion below.
- Create a New Nintendo Account that are set in Americas with the above zipcode. Then try opening eShop again.
- If above is not working, you need to reformat your Nintendo Switch and use the account that is set to Americas region.