Question on SSD for Online Games improvements?

Discuss here everything related to PC Gaming, hardware, deals, steam, origins, uplay, reviews and more...
kent

About SSD, I know SSDs improve your loading times and removes hitching on open world games, but that applies mostly on offline games, my question is will i see loading improvements on online games, for instance changing between areas or loading another field, or internet lang tlga ang need i improve to get better results. TIA~
remil

kent wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:43 pm
About SSD, I know SSDs improve your loading times and removes hitching on open world games, but that applies mostly on offline games, my question is will i see loading improvements on online games, for instance changing between areas or loading another field, or internet lang tlga ang need i improve to get better results. TIA~
It does improve on the fly rendering speed and sudden fps drops due to explosive load of rendering object/people. Really depends on the game to be honest.

PS : I'm saying this out of experience on playing Tera, having an SSD reduced my FPS drops
kent

Ive tried SSD myself, currently meron ako nung kingston V300 120gb and barely noticed any improvements sa loading, idk if di lang tlga pansin, or dahil sa games mismo or dahil tinipid ko lang SSD ko, kasi if i can get loading improvements i wouldnt mind getting Samsung EVO
caesar

The same goes for online games. I regularly play Overwatch, Titanfall 2, and BF1, sans TF2, the loading times being shortened by a huge margin compared to an HDD's actually is a buttload of relief. (I instalock Genji on a lot of QP's)

I can't say the same for the majority of often-played MMORPGs nowadays since they're more CPU-bound, even during map-loading. I've played Tera back then and putting it in an SSD whilst also OC'ing my RAM to 2933 made dense areas as stable as less-populated ones (80fps++ on a 980Ti).
Quad cores and above alongside faster RAM will be better since the CPU will be choking (bottlenecking) the entire system if the RAM's slow (<2133) due to the numerous calculations MMORPGs have.

Also, I can't say for sure, since I haven't done extensive testing, having a faster RAM may only benefit those who put their games on SSDs. Di ko pa natetest 'yung ilalagay lang sa SSD tapos sa 1333MHz ko lang papatakbuhin 'yung RAM.