Salvage Point No Longer Spawn in Mor Ardain

Post anything related to Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for Nintendo Switch, Wii u etc..
logan

I've run into a strange problem... So, I'm sure most of you are aware that the Anangham Dock place in Mor Ardain is a great spot for Common and Rare Core Crystal farming thanks to the crab enemies dropping cores each time they die. Well, for some reason... That salvage point no longer spawns these crab enemies at all. I've used normal, silver and gold cylinders and gotten only the flying manta rays and the freakish urchins, neither of which are either fun to fight or guaranteed to drop cores... What happened? Is there a point in the story where the crabs stop spawning? Is there a better method to farming core crystals? I'm level 60-ish and in chapter 8, for info.
george

Use normal cylindes? I think, but not sure, that gold cylinders spawn less enemies in general.
logan

george wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:32 pm
Use normal cylindes? I think, but not sure, that gold cylinders spawn less enemies in general.
M’yeah, that’s what I’ve been trying... but it just spawns the manta rays and urchins :/ I also don’t have any Blades with Salvage Mastery, so it can’t be that...
logan

logan wrote:
george wrote:
M’yeah, that’s what I’ve been trying... but it just spawns the manta rays and urchins :/ I also don’t have any Blades with Salvage Mastery, so it can’t be that...
Well that's weird lol. Go farm legendary Crystals then Lmao
macjo

Try going for the 60+ UMs [Unique Monsters] or the two UMs in Land of Morytha if you’ve gotten there. Within reason. They should start dropping Legendary Cores if you use a Driver Combo [Break>Topple>Launch>Smash.]
brian

Runaway train lv 55 in temperantia also drops them. Relatively easy after you clear his army of shits lol.
macjo

Also, Vampire Bride Marion drops Gold Chips, which will help in this.