Smart Postpaid's New Default Data Rate P2/MB

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
macjo

Enhanced Default Data Rate Alert

We are enhancing our pay-per-use data billing model of Php 5 for every 15 minutes of data consumed to Php 2 for every 1MB consumed. With this enhancement, we will be able to better serve you and your data needs. Please read below to know the new benefits, features, and change in postpaid experience -- Effective November 28, 2017

The enhancement to Php 2/MB will allow you to do more with your plan. Some benefits and changes you will experience are as follows:

Choose how to be charged for your data usage

Once your existing data add-on or data plan inclusion, if any, has been fully depleted, you will be given two options for your data consumption:

a) No default data rate by registering to a Smart postpaid data add-on.

b) Enroll to the Php 2/MB default data rate by texting DATA ON to 9999.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: Enrollment to the Php 2/MB will apply every billing cycle, as long as you are not registered to a Smart postpaid data add-on or you do not currently have a data plan allocation.

Track your Data Consumption

If you enroll to the Php 2/MB, you will be able to monitor your consumed data through the My Smart App, or by texting STATUS to 9999, free of charge. The system response will show your current data usage specific to the Php 2/MB rate.

Stay informed and get notified automatically

When enrolled to the Php 2/MB default data rate, you will automatically receive SMS notifications when you incur the following data charges:

a) P500 incurred data charge
b) P1,000 incurred data charge
c) P2,000 incurred data charge

Pay only P2,500 on your default data spend

No need to worry on your data spend. Once enrolled to the Php 2/MB default data rate, a default data bill cap of Php 2,500 will be provisioned to protect you from excessive data charges. The default data bill cap ensures that you will not pay more than Php 2,500 for your P2/MB data charges billed on top of your monthly service fee and registered add-ons.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who will be affected by the enhanced default data rate of Php 2/MB?

The new data rate will apply to ALL NEW and EXISTING Smart Postpaid customers.

What will happen if my plan doesn’t have a data allocation, and I’m not registered to a data add-on or enrolled to the Php 2/MB rate?

You will not be able to use your cellular mobile data.

Registering to a data add-on is simple! There are 5 ways to register:

You may text the KEYWORD to 9999 Ex. Text GIGA299 to 9999
You may dial *121# and navigate through the menu to register
You may download the My Smart App available in the App Store and Google Play Store
You may visit the Smart Online Store at smart.com.ph/store
You may call the Smart Hotline and have our Customer Representative register for you a. *888 on your mobile b. 888-1111 on landline
If you wish to enroll to the Php 2/MB rate, simply text DATA ON to 9999. Note that enrollment to the Php 2/MB will apply every billing cycle, as long as you are not registered to a Smart postpaid data add-on or you do not currently have a data plan allocation.

How can I check if my plan still has data or if I am subscribed to a data add-on?
Simply text STATUS to 9999 to see the remaining balance of all your registered services and plan inclusions.

Will I be notified if my data plan inclusion or data add-on service is fully consumed?
You will be notified through SMS upon full consumption of your plan or add-on credits.
Also, you will be notified when your plan or add-on inclusion remaining balance is at 5MB.

If I’m enrolled to the Php 2/MB rate, will I be notified of my running data consumption?
You will receive an SMS notification when you reach P500, P1,000, and P2,000.

How can I check how much MB I’ve consumed already?
Simply text STATUS to 9999 to see the remaining balance of all your registered services and plan inclusions. Or if enrolled to the Php 2/MB, to see your accumulated data usage for the current bill cycle.

How does the default data bill cap of P2,500 work?
Once enrolled to the Php 2/MB default data rate, a data bill cap of Php 2,500 will be provisioned to protect you from excessive data charges.

a) The default data bill cap ensures that you will not pay more than Php 2,500 for your P2/MB data charges billed on top of your monthly service fee.

b) Upon reaching the Php 2,500 data bill cap, you will still be able to continue using the internet without additional charges at a throttled speed of 128kbps.

i. In order to lift the throttling, there are two options:
ii. Register to a Smart postpaid data add-on to enjoy surfing the internet at a regular speed; or
iii. Wait until the next billing cycle cut-off date, in which the data speed will be refreshed

c) The default data bill cap of P2,500 does not cover registration fees to data add-ons. It only covers charges incurred from the Php 2/MB default data rate.

Does this apply when I’m on roaming?
The Php 2/MB default data rate is NOT applicable to subscribers on roaming. Existing roaming fees shall apply.

How do I opt out of the Php 2/MB rate?
In order to not be charged the Php 2/MB rate, simply register to a Smart postpaid data add-on. To know more about Smart Postpaid’s data add-ons.