E-sports wagering is a growing industry. Among others, one of the most popular games where betting is growing big is in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive or CS: GO. However, while betting in CS: GO can make you win big, it can also be frustrating, especially for the uninitiated. The odds can be confusing. There are many teams where you can place your bets, and there are also multiple websites that act as betting platforms.
If you are new to CS: GO betting, keep on reading and learn from the tips we’ll share. In this CSGO betting tips and guide, you will learn how to wager smartly!
The Popularity of CS: GO Betting
Before we talk about the basics of betting, let us first look at how CS: GO became of one the most popular e-sports today. Released in 2012, it did not take long before CS: GO became the star of major e-sports tournaments.
One of the reasons for its popularity is that there is detailed data that comes out of the game. With the data available, it is easier for bookies to set odds. In the same way, bettors will have a solid basis for the bets they make. The information available from the game makes it easier to predict and analyze the possible outcomes. It is effortless to determine the risk versus the reward. Even if you are a novice, just go online, and almost everything is available to help you place intelligent bets.
Where Do You Bet on CS: GO?
It is crucial to choose the right betting platform, making sure that you won’t end up with a scam. Research thoroughly about the options. Read online reviews, ask around from people you know, and learn from the real-life experiences of other people.
When choosing the best website for CS: GO betting, you should also consider their bonuses and promotions, payment methods available, customer service, user-interface, security features, and additional charges aside from the best you are placing, if there’s any.
Some of the most popular platforms that should be on your list include GG.Bet, Betway, ArcaneBet, and Bovada, among others.
What Can You Bet on in CS: GO?
This will depend on the website that you are using for betting. The most popular is to bet on the match or series winner. This is pretty much simple. All that you have to do is to wager on the person or the team who you think is strongest and most likely to win the game. If you bet on the underdog, you will end up winning bigger compared to placing your bets on the favorites.
You can also bet based on the scores. This requires you to determine the final score of the game when placing your bets. There are many ways by which score bets work. For instance, you can simply choose if the final score will be an odd or even number.
There are many other ways to bet on CS: GO, including the simplest things, such as how many rounds will it take for the game to finish and whether there will be an overtime or none.
How to Place Your Bet
This will vary from one website to another. In most cases, however, this is an easy process. First, you will need to create an account. In some websites, there are bonuses for just registering, which is a good way to entice players into the platform.
Once you have created an account, the next thing to do is to deposit money. There are various deposit methods available, including debit cards, credit cards, and e-wallets, among others. Once your account is funded, you can now start placing bets. Choose the betting system that works best. You can bet on a team or their scores, among other things. It is good if the website offers variety so you will have choices when it comes to how to wager.
After placing your bets, the waiting game begins. Monitor the game and see if you win. In case you win, you can withdraw the winnings depending on the methods available on the website where you placed your bets.
Things to Keep in Mind
To help you make an intelligent betting decision, below are some of the most important tips:
- Do not keep your hopes high. Expect that while you want to win most of the time, there are also instances when you will be at the losing end. This is a natural thing to happen. Do not let this discourage you.
- Put a limit on how much you would like to bet. Do not go all-in with every dollar you have in your savings account. Gamble responsibly. Never bet more than what your budget can realistically afford.
- As a smart bettor, you should also know how to split your bets, which will increase the chances that you will take home some winnings. Limit the highest percentage of your bet to only 15% of your total bankroll.
- Ask around, especially if you are new to CS: GO. Ask people you know or take the time to go through online forums. This will give you an idea of how the betting system works and how you can hack it to make the outcomes favorable on your end.
- Watch the games. There are streaming sites where you can watch the game as it happens. This will give you a better idea of the performance of the teams and will make it easier to decide where to bet.
- Do your homework. Research is one of the most important when it comes to increasing your chances of taking home a big win. For instance, before betting on a specific team, research their history to know which ones have the highest chance of winning.
In one report from Statista, it has been estimated that the amount wagered in e-sports will reach $23.5 billion by 2020. Among others, CS: GO is one of the most popular games where you can place your bets. CS: GO betting, however, can be intimidating. Keep in mind the things mentioned above to make the most out of your money and win big from your wagers!